back to article Ouch! Latest Qualcomm sueball comes from ... its own shareholders

Qualcomm's own shareholders have added to the barrage of lawsuits being fired at the mobile chip giant. The latest salvo puts the company's management in the crosshairs - blaming it for hardball tactics which subsequently attracted antitrust suits. In January, the FTC filed a complaint (pdf) alleging that Qualcomm had abused …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wot no Carl Icahn ?

2. Trollslayer
    Flame

Oh

dear.

Qualcomm abused their market position for years so boo hoo.

3. ScissorHands
    Mushroom

Can I haz sueball too?

I think I have grounds to sue because of the unceremonious dropping of support for the Snapdragon 801

4. Your alien overlord - fear me

And the shareholders are in no way to blame demanding bigger and bigger dividends each year whilst turning a blind eye as to how that was achieved. They're only bitching now because profits might be down whilst paying all the damn lawyers.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Let me get this right....

...they are complaining that since 2013 it's been badly run?

So why not complain in Jan 2014...Oh I see record share values..

OK may should leave it until say Jan 2016, silly me, another peak value (highest prior to Jan 2014.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/qcom

Tossers.

6. GingerOne

Shareholders are suing Qualcom management because Qualcom management has attacted too many law suits?

1. Gene Cash Silver badge

You know it's bad when your *shareholders* say "stop being an asshole"

7. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Shareholders own the company. So who are they suing? Themselves or at best those shareholders who don't join the suit. Presumably if they win & profits go down further they'll sue themselves again.

If they don't like the CEO they have a simple remedy. Fire him.

8. Vladimir Nicolici

I have the misfortune to use a phone with an 810 processor.

During the summer the phone overheats when I shoot video, causing it to stop recording until it cools down.

During the winter, also when shooting video, the phone draws so much power that it shuts down even with a full battery, because the battery can't provide enough power when it's cold outside.

Not sure how they convinced the phone OEMs to use that piece of crap in their flagships.

9. FozzyBear
    Happy

I'd love to see a counter suit being filed by the senior management. Accusing the shareholders of setting unrealistic demands on the profit margin, hence the legal problems they are now experiencing.

10. E_Nigma
    Paris Hilton

You buy shares so that, if the company does well, you get dividends (or resell shares for profit) and if it doesn't meet your expectations, you sue it for money? I'm not sure that that's how investment is supposed to work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like