back to article Giant spawn hammer on Antarctica map. Thanks, Google Waze

Some anonymous clown has drawn a, well, giant spawn hammer on Antarctica by using Google’s crowdsourced map-‘n’-satnav app Waze. The offending phallus is located in “DeathToTrumpVille”, next to the “Trump Hotel is Nasty and Awful” hotel – but is curiously positioned on the descriptively monikered Long and Winding Road. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

but we couldn't condone that sort of behaviour.

Are you sure you spelled this one right?

1. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge

Are you sure you spelled this one right?

A possible typographical cock-up?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"A possible typographical cock-up?"

They have it covered.

2. Paul Renault

Truly someone who believes the adage

Long and thin is in, but short and thick does the trick.

3. Gene Cash Silver badge

This is probably the same Google Maps personnel that asked me to take a picture of a non-existent shop to prove it wasn't there. When I took a pic of where the shop was supposed to be, they told me that wasn't acceptable.

Nice one.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Waze is owned by Google, but so far at least, it's operationally entirely separate from Google Maps, or at least it was last time I checked. So, a completely unrelated cock-up, as it were.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should the balls not be smaller due to the cold?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The testes can only be retracted to some extent. The spongey tissue is mainly in the penis.

In one of David Niven's autobiographies he described a Pink Panther film scene that involved a long period on skis in the snow - while wearing only evening dress. Bathing his penis in a glass of brandy was eventually used to get some life back into the by then very shrunken thing.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Julian Bond

Uranus not mentioned in this story.

Two balls deep in Antactica's circle?

6. Version 1.0 Silver badge

And we're surprised?

For the kiddies next trick they will code a like in the map that screws you when you click on it.

7. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Until now, I wasn't aware of the term "spawn hammer". Thanks El Reg, this might be useful at some point.

1. hopkinse
      Joke

I think you'll find the correct term is spam dagger, according to Rogers Thesaurus

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

:) According to the NHS the correct term is "please send us £299.99 in Bitcoin, joe, and we unlock many viles okay, joe? my btc-id is 1011011001101010001010111001F, okay" That doesn't seem right. Perhaps that is code for "penile appendage of undetermined girth and length." I don't know, I'm still on my first cup of blockchain this mroningsalready

8. Infernoz Bronze badge
    Facepalm

The kind of unprofessional, cheesy, childish crap which made me eye ceiling early in my career, but the insanely deluded, Left-wing naming further suggests r-type (Rabbit) infestation which needs culling fast!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

8====D ~0 ~0 ~0 ( . Y . )

Couln't resist

10. ChrisC Silver badge

"Others have also vandalised Antarctica in Waze, it appears"

Given the lack of real roads or motorists in that part of the world, it's a handy location for running tests on how the map editing tools and/or route calculations behave, so I suspect that most of what you think is vandalism down there is anything but.

The subject of this article OTOH... And from a level 4 editor too, who really ought to know better - wouldn't surprise me if their editing rights end up being a bit curtailed as a result of this.

11. JLV

FWIW, Ian McDonald's recent New Moon SF trilogy has a big "King Dong" that enterprising teens have engraved in the lunar dust using buggies or whatnot. 100km high IIRC. You can see from Earth with a telescope.

Good series so far. GoT + Dune + The moon is a harsh mistress in inspiration.

"Spawn hammer"? The inventiveness of the English language all languages in describing sexual organs never ceases to amaze.

12. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

Don't show Trump

He'll want to invade immediately!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like