back to article HackerOne says 'no' to FlexiSpy stalkerware bug bounty program

Bug bounty organizer HackerOne has told stalkerware developer FlexiSpy that it won't take its business because of the ethics – or lack thereof – that the software maker exhibits. FlexiSpy has been around for years and is a surveillance application sold to paranoid spouses and those parents and employers who want to know more …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds great! Where do I sign up to give away my privacy?

"FlexiSpy will have to sort out their own crappy code."

Pity the sorry-ass dev who has to take this crap job, not knowing (or perhaps not caring) that their new bosses will be spying on them through the devices offered by their new IT department. That's got to be one crack (smoking) crew of devs and super-sharp ops folks! :P

The only thing sadder than that poor slob are the dickheads who resort to spying on their own families or loved ones with this kind of crapware. Pure human garbage. If you do this, can you do us all one tiny little favor? Kill yourself. Do it. Do it now. Thanks a bunch! XXXOOO

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

This is trickier than it looks.

And it always was.

The company is legal, even if it's products are distasteful to many.

turn the problem on its head.

The app spies on innocent people.

It's compromised. Now not only does your creepy partner/ex/friend/boss have access to your data, so does any other bunch of bad guys. Flexispy is nasty but legal and HackerOne's stance initial stance should have been the one to retain.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: This is trickier than it looks.

I think I see the motive(s) behind your reasoning and can't fault you for them.

However, this is a bit like reasoning that the devices used in a torture chamber should be FDA compliant.

3. Androgynous Cow Herd

Just no

Legal != ethical

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like