back to article Heroic stepmum takes one for team, sticks pot pipe up wazoo

A Florida woman was arrested for repeatedly ignoring a cop's request to hand over a pot pipe, preferring instead – according to cops – to conceal the gear in her nether regions. Police say Trudy Kay Richardson was the passenger in her step-daughter's Pontiac Grand Prix FL on 29 April at roughly 6.30pm when officer Caricia …

1. Chris G

You sure

This is good shit? Something fishy about it!

1. Commswonk

Re: You sure

...the policeman spotted Richardson holding a "blue glass marijuana pipe in her right hand" which she then placed "into the front of her pants".

Richardson told the officer that the pipe, which had a burnt residue and whiff of weed...

Yes but did it smell like that prior to the lady attempting to conceal it "in her nether regions".

Proving the chain of evidence might be, er, tricky.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are they sure it was pot and not a crack pipe?

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Andy Non Silver badge
    Coat

Maybe it was a

crack pipe?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm glad I don't smoke!

And if lung cancer wasn't enough, that story put me off smoking even more!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm surprised they didn't strip search her after that stunt. On a serious note, can they arrest her for obstruction of justice?

7. Your alien overlord - fear me

I've heard, from a friend obviously, that certain Thai girls can puff pipes from that region.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Been there, seen that

Quite impressive, along with blowing out the birthday candles. But the weird thing is the whole show was, in a strange way, a display of unusual athletic ability. I didn't find it "sexual" at all, which surprised me. More like a freak show at the circus.

1. Michael Thibault

Re: Been there, seen that

"a display of unusual athletic ability"

I'll alert the IOC.

8. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge

Heroic?

Are you sure the stepmum was really heroic? Personally I think it sounds like you're just blowing smoke up her ass.

9. Fan of Mr. Obvious

What are you doing?

I needed to lay some pipe.

10. tedleaf

So basically no different from all the skanky male street deters who keep their stash next to their sweaty unwashed bollocks..

It's another reason for home growing,you never know were veggies have been or what they are contaminated with + with 40 years experience of home growing I can guarantee that anything I grow is A) much better quality.

B) has been flushed properly with a week's worth of just water through hydroponics before harvest.

C)un-comtaminated with dodgy chemicals to get crap weed to have some kind of effect other than just flavouring a pricey roll up.

D) Soo much cheaper and with all the above advantages..

I've never tried to steal electricity although I have all the knowledge etc to do it properly and safely,but then I'm growing for myself only so can limit myself to a 1.5kw maximum system,2x400w digital drivers and lamps,50w fan for filter,2x7w circulation pumps,1x55w air movement fan,2x50w tank water heaters.

Possibly a few more watts for timers and sensors..

It all adds up to far less than lots of folk us I in a day for washing machines,sound systems,showers etc etc..

I've even managed to do it years ago on a narrow boat in the canal,using to tech we had 20+ years ago,decent quality (BP) solar panels,large battery bank (makes very good,useful ballast for boat) and the most efficient inverter that I could source,with occasional top up of bat bank from a tiny diesel generator once a month,that all worked fine for 3 years,until I moved off canal and into horrible brick homes,yuk,if you cannot move it,I don't like living in it..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

hell yeah

and there's no real reason to steal power if youre only growing for your own consumption.

Of course around here, weather almost makes it so you don't need power at all.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: hell yeah

When the rozzers come knocking, they will treat theft of electricity more seriously than someone growing half a dozen plants for their own use.

11. Tikimon
    Coat

Diffferent smokes for different folks

Some guys find a woman with a little something extra between her legs to be hot. They might find this one literally smokin' hot. "Hey hot stuff, can I have a puff on yer pipe there?"

Please note icon...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm confused

Did she put it in her vagina? The story is unclear.

1. Michael Thibault

Re: I'm confused

"in her vagina"? I imagine if that were the case, you'd have read "in her euphemism" rather than "into the front of her pants". It's hard to know for certain, though; language evolves, and I may have muffed the analysis.

13. John 104

@tedleaf

Reads like a post bot on how to make $2k a week!

1. tedleaf

Nah,just pointing out that if your going to use green there are very good safety/quality reasons for growing yer own,in 40+ years I have sold less than 32 ounces to other people,usually to meet a totally un-expected Bill,like a council tax bill that the council had cocked up for over a year,had been told on many occasionsbwas wrong,then gave me only 7 days to pay an amended bill that was also wrong,so I needed even more cash than I had put aside to pay said Bill..

Am hoping that UK gov finally sees sense and legalised 6 plants to be grown at home,like many other countries have done,preferably with a system safety check before you can start..

Thousands of how to grow guides online already,I was just pointing out the health and safety reasons for home growing..

1. MonkeyCee

legal...

"Am hoping that UK gov finally sees sense and legalised 6 plants to be grown at home,like many other countries have done,preferably with a system safety check before you can start.."

Which countries are those?

Just fyi, if the cops found your setup over here (Netherlands) then you'd be in jail. Nice Dutch jail, pretty cosy and all, but still jail.

It's tolerated, not legal. So the cops show up (along with the council) and say there has been a complaint, hand over the weed and you get a stern letter (telling you to go to the coffeeshop*) and the fuzz has a wee nosey through your place.

If you are growing "professionally" then you are *not* tolerated, and you'll be charged. The criteria for professional growing is if you have over 5 plants, and/or are using lights. Hence why people seem to think 5 plants is legal.

As for growing it myself, hydro corrals and compost, then a balcony and a watering can. Most annoying thing is some of the local felines get a taste for it. Well, and getting it confiscated a week before harvest.

* my local ones are run by a Moroccan criminal gang or motorcycle gang, so I'm not sure what the council is pushing

14. Phukov Andigh Bronze badge

with legal weed...

I gotta sneak into a hydro place and say I wanna grow weed to hide the fact I'm actually growing tomatoes.

growing weed eh? yeah right. betcher growin *tomatoes* ya deadbeat. Get outta here before I call the cops!

15. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Non IT click-bait??

Filler text, the title says it all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon