back to article Dell EMC courts HPE sales people with putrid Monty Python parody

Dell EMC looks to be courting HPE sales people with a Monty Python and the Holy Grail parody that compares the latter company to the film's infamously incompetent Black Knight. The parody sees Dell's King Arthur analog declare “I seek the finest and bravest reps in all the land to join me in my court!” The name of that court …

1. TRT Silver badge

Completely fails to answer the most important question...

Which is faster? An African datacenter or a European datacenter?

2. jake Silver badge

These are not ...

... the salesdroids you are looking for. They can go about their business. Move along ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A pox on both their houses

To both companies - I fart in your general direction

Mr. Reaper

Oops wrong film :-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

If King Arthur is Dell and the Green Knight is HPE, what does the White Rabbit represent?

AWS??

1. Captain DaFt

Re: If King Arthur is Dell and the Green Knight is HPE, what does the White Rabbit represent?

"Go ask Alice when she's ten feet tall"

Oooollldd reference, but apt. ☺

1. dedmonst

Re: If King Arthur is Dell and the Green Knight is HPE, what does the White Rabbit represent?

Extending the Lewis Carroll references a little - surely AWS is the "Snark" (or is that a Boojum as your job softly and suddenly vanishes away)

2. jake Silver badge

That's old? I must be positively ancient.

1. Captain DaFt

"That's old? I must be positively ancient."

1967, half a century ago. Sorry.

5. rboote

Newsted hasn't been in Metallica in almost 15 years...

... Robert Trujillo wants his credit as the second-most forgotten about bass player in that group. Ron McGovney still reigns supreme at number one.

1. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Newsted hasn't been in Metallica in almost 15 years...

Metallica's had new bass players? To my knowledge, their only bass player ever was Cliff Burton.

1. Pirate Dave Silver badge
        Pirate

Re: Newsted hasn't been in Metallica in almost 15 years...

If you haven't bought the albums since Master, don't bother. Just run your Master cassette at like 2/3's normal speed, and you'll be pretty much hearing all the albums since then. Although Justice did have some good songs on it ("One", in particular, I still consider to be the apex of all metal).

6. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

OCD

ok, I'll do it first - Newsted left Metallica 15 years ago. Do keep up.

Dell should be sued for this video. It's an obvious affront to common decency and must break some law somewhere relating to either torture or poor taste.

(edit: well, buggers, I was second to remark about Newsted...)

7. ma1010
    Thumb Up

Well...

I've been a Python fan for many, many years, and I actually thought it was funny, a parody of a parody. Not as good as the original, by any means, but still definitely funny, especially if you know the original. And I think Dell made their point quite well. If I'd been the green knight, I'd have whipped out a resume, not a light sabre.

Still, why didn't "Gregory" have coconuts? Verisimilitude? ("The coconut's tropical! This is the temperate zone," etc.)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Actually not too bad

Props to Dell, this isn't bad. Doesn't try too hard, and makes some pretty salient points to HPE customers and their staff. Wouldn't want to encourage too much tinkering with the legacy of the film (imagine an Microsoft or Oracle version of this and shudder) but not bad!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Windows

Re: Actually not too bad

MS are the cops who show up at the end of the quest to take everyone to IT jail. :)

9. FozzyBear
    Thumb Up

Ok So HPE is the green knight.

that means IBM must be the "dead" parrot.

Uber is Brian's mum (also willing to get on her knees and go the extra mile)

Microsoft is Pontius Pilate..

I'll let others finish this

10. dedmonst

Other Python references

Careful Dell-EMC - surely there's a come back on this comparing you guys to Mr Creosote

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like