back to article Fancy a toothpicked-rollmop from our storage smorgasbord?

Arcserve UDP Archiver We were curious where Arcserve bought FastArchiver from, so we asked and were told: "FastArchiver is the name of the technology and company – they're a private company founded by archiving experts. The technology was custom built as an archiving solution. There was no prior affiliation with any company. so …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. JacobZ

Rollmops

Great, now I'm craving rollmops. We just can't get proper ones with the toothpicks and the onion rings in this part of the US.

Oh yeah, and also something about storage.

1. jake Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Rollmops

Make it yourself. Like most peasant food, it's not exactly rocket science, and homemade is always better than bland, homogenized store-bought versions. There are a zillion recipes online. Or ask your grandmother/great aunt.

If you can't get fresh herring (or other suitable fish) to salt for yourself, you can purchase them online, already salted and ready for the pickle/dressing.

You mention storage ... The homemade version isn't suitable for storage (five days in the pickle, eat within five days after that), unless you have a pressure canner and know how to use it with fish.

Beer, because nothing washes down pickled fish better than beer :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Just looked it up - they sell that stuff in jars. That does not look appetizing at all. Good lord.

Remind me never to leave Texas again.

1. jake Silver badge

When I'm elected, I'll build a wall. And I'm going to make the Texans to pay for it.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

And I'll happily stay inside my wall. Protected from the taste (and smell) of the rollmops.

1. jake Silver badge

I suspect your Great Great Grandmother Brauch would slap you silly for your insular attitude towards food, given the meaning of your surname AND the fact that Rollmops are a delicacy where it came from.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like