back to article Interpol unplugs nearly 9,000 Asian command and control networks

An Interpol investigation has revealed a worrying degree of insecurity in south-east Asian countries, with even government-operated web servers infected to operate as command and control systems for bot-herders. The investigation turned up and shut down 9,000 C&C servers across “hundreds” of compromised Websites in Indonesia, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good job Interpol!

No help from the U.S security agencies?

2. jake Silver badge

Since when did Interpol "unplug" ...

... or otherwise put their hands on anything? Interpol's just a clearing house. It's up to cops on the ground in the jurisdiction involved to actually finger the perp(s).

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Since when did Interpol "unplug" ...

Interpol's just a clearing house. It's up to cops on the ground in the jurisdiction involved to actually finger the perp(s)..... jake

Howdy, jake,

That observation of yours has Interpol identified as a Virtualised Reality Figment of Applied ImaginaNation.

Thinking deeper about that, and that may be an Advanced APT ACTive App, has one unable to deny and concluding such is the true and honest nature of every reality and all that existences? Yes, it surely does. Now,... what would you like IT to do for you in the future and presently to render the blights of the past null and void, for that is what such AAAApps are able and enabled to do for/to everybody and everything?

1. jake Silver badge
        Pint

What would I like it to do for me? Get in the next round, of course!

Would the man from Mars like a pint?

Pirate

Would the man from Mars like a pint? ... jake

That's uncommonly decent of you, jake. I don't mind if I do enjoy more than a few. Proost!

:-) But with particular and peculiar regard to ..... What would you like IT to do for you ..... I was thinking and offering something considerably more taxing and revolutionary and quantum lead evolutionary too.

If you have chaos with madness and mayhem ....

with CHAOS* you get disruptions in governance and dissolution of corrupt governments

:-) All's well that ends well ..... and quantum lead is just as good as and most probably quite a great deal better than just quantum leap evolutionary.

*Clouds Hosting Advanced Operating Systems

3. James 36

Optional

That sounds a lot but what does it look like as a percentage of the estimated total of C&C networks ?

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Optional

Well, coffee & cats are nothing to sneeze at ...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

Interpol unplugs command and control networks

What was the name of the Operating System that these 'command and control networks' ran on?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like