back to article Violin Memory steps out of bankruptcy, takes the storage stage again

Violin Memory is back, as a privately owned company fresh out of bankruptcy. The old flash array hardware and software company, which went bankrupt after a long and tortuous struggle, has been bought by Quantum Partners, a private investment fund run by Soros Fund Management LLC (SFM Private Equity). We're told Violin retains …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bravo

Jeez... I admire their commitment to a challenge. Are they trying to show Nimbus Data Systems how it's done?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

So after slimming down...

It's the World's smallest Violin??

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why on earth would you buy proprietary technology from a company that's about as stable as a three-legged donkey?

1. Aitor 1

Music

At least, I hope that when buyers get fired for buying violin, they get a sad violin tune...

Propietary is a BAD idea.. you get vendo lock in and then you have to accept the prices and conditions.

4. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Not again?

Reading this my first thought was “Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was, Oh no, not again."

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh great... Soros...

I didn't hate Violin before, in fact I kind of liked them. But ownership by George and Eric Soros is a line I'm willing to bring out the flame thrower for.

6. IanMoore33

WTF

" Welcome back? "

You have ragged on Violin for how long?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon