back to article SolidFire CEO Dave Wright spins down at NetApp – for now

SolidFire boss Dave Wright is taking a long break from work – less than eighteen months after the storage company he founded was acquired by NetApp. In March, Wright briefed El Reg on NetApp's hyper-converged appliance development project, which is based on SolidFire tech. Now, according to SolidFire's former chief technology …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave@SolidFire

Not true!

Not sure why TheReg didn't try to confirm this with me, but I haven't left NetApp (try my NetApp email, it works!).

I am taking some time off this summer to travel with family but plan to be back in the fall.

We wish Val the best on his future endeavors.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not true!

Thanks for getting this "Wright". We shall wait for you back in the fall then.

If you don't, you'd be the 3rd person that went on a family vacation the last 4-5 years and never came back.

You're a good guy. Stay that way.

2. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Not true!

FWIW El Reg tried reaching people for comment/confirmation. Chris, who wrote the article, explained:

"We tried contacting Dave by [Twitter] DM and NetApp people by DM and email on Sunday afternoon. After getting confirmation that Dave Wright had left NetApp early this morning, we pushed the story live before any of these approaches had generated a reply. We figured the story was that important."

We've updated the article with new information - and published NetApp's confirmation separately here.

C.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like