back to article NetAdmin challenge: Go to Mars, connect a rover, orbiter and three bases

The Mitre Corporation has given network administrators something to chew on, in the form of a simulator that lets them build networks in space. Mitre is a not-for-profit organisation that administers some of the United States' Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, public-private partnerships that conduct research …

1. W Donelson

Cancer?

Does it simulate the death rate from solar particles and cosmic radiation?

2. Mage Silver badge
    Alien

Interesting

I'm tempted to download and play with it. I used to do network stuff, but I've decided to write fiction instead. No, not a move to Marketing, but actual novels. Both kinds of fiction, SF and F.

3. Alistair
    Windows

Hmmmm

I'm thinking KSP plugin.... anyone else?

1. Potemkine Silver badge

Re: Hmmmm

KSP

Kentucky Sucked Pigeons? ^^

2. toxicdragon
      Flame

Re: Hmmmm

Depending on what aspect you mean there is one that simulates LoS and time delay, called remote tech. This lets you set up satellite relays and if you want to control remote technology then you need it to have an active satellite link to a command module or the space center.

A more basic version of this was incorperated into the base game a couple of updates ago, This allows for more realistic remote monitoring/control, well, as in you can set up a control network and control probes, but it doesn't account for time delay

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like