back to article Foxconn, Apple, big biz circle Toshiba's memory biz cash cow – rumors

Three new characters are starring in Toshiba's saga to sell off its memory business: they are Foxconn, Apple, and a fund backed by Japan's government. Japanese giant Toshiba is trying to flog its NAND-chips-to-SSDs memory biz in whole or in part because it's making galactic-scale losses on its Chapter 11-filed US nuclear power …

1. NanoMeter

Vultures

are surrounding the Toshiba carcass.

2. J. R. Hartley

It's not looking good

Is it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Western Digital claims others are "overvaluing it"?

That's like my neighbor down the street telling people who have offered $750K for my house that it isn't worth that much, and oh by the way they've offered $250K and claim they have an agreement with me that they have to approve any sale.

Who would make such an agreement, when the other party could simply reject any higher offers to force you to take theirs??

1. Gigabob

Re: Western Digital claims others are "overvaluing it"?

Unfortunately - WD DOES have such an agreement as they bought Toshiba's partner Sandisk. This is more like the VC who decides to buy a sleepy pharmaceutical company with a virtual monopoly on a critical drug - then raises the prices 750% the next day. It is legal, but immoral, and only lasts until the local political forces get involved and start changing the rules.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Core compentancy

This is *EXACTLY* why I have always stayed out of the nuclear reactor business.They are so different from a good PDA.

Loved my e740, tho...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like