back to article T-Mobile US CEO offers kid a year's supply of chicken nuggets for switching from AT&T

The chief executive of T-Mobile US has offered a random teen on the internet a year’s supply of chicken nuggets if he switches from AT&T. Carter Wilkerson, 16, of Reno, Nevada, had previously asked American burger joint Wendy's how many retweets he would need for a year's supply of chicken nuggets. "18 million," replied Wendy …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me
    Linux

No comment from McDonalds?

Mmm, penguin nuggets

1. DailyLlama

Sounds a bit fishy to me

2. Captain Scarlet
      Coat

Well to fair they call them McNuggets rather than Chicken Nuggets.

1. Eddy Ito
        Paris Hilton

Wait, is McNuggets a euphemism for somebody's family jewels?

1. SolidSquid

Only in Scotland

3. macjules

"United Airlines also offered him "a free flight to take you to any Wendy's in the world in a city we serve"."

So that's now 1) $400, 2) $800, 3) We beat the cr*p out of you 4) Free flights for nuggets?

1. Snake Silver badge

No pain necessary

"United Airlines also offered him "a free flight to take you to any Wendy's in the world in a city we serve"."

So that's now 1) $400, 2) $800, 3) We beat the cr*p out of you 4) Free flights for nuggets?

Exactly! Best possible response tweet?

We'll fly you for free to any Wendy's, once every month...and you won't get bloodied for it

- @AAAirlines

2. Charlie Clark Silver badge

LeGere shows how it's done

Goes straight to the point and gets good coverage for minimal cost. With any luck the kid will kill himself eating all that offal — actually nuggets give offal a bad name — reducing the bill even further.

1. veti Silver badge

Re: LeGere shows how it's done

There is nothing wrong with offal. Wendy's nuggets, on the other hand... the best you can say of them is that they don't have 'Mc' in the name.

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

"There is nothing wrong with offal. Wendy's nuggets, on the other hand... the best you can say of them is that they don't have 'Mc' in the name."
        Indeed. I'm particulalrly fond of chicken livers (tajarin con fegatini). As for my Wendy's nuggets, they never had "Mc" in their name, though they did have a very nice nip to them. And she used to offer me a very tasty snatch that I could have between meals without ruining my appetite :-)

1. Pedigree-Pete
          Paris Hilton

@Pompous Git. snatch? I sincerely hope you meant snack. Enquiring minds and all.... PP

3. Hollerithevo

Depressing

Everyone weighs in to help a guy get junk food for free. What a cause to back...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nothing better

to do with his life than sit down tw(ee)atting and eat chicken nuggets.

How about gainful employment you tosser.

And stop offering a year supply of artery hardening gunk you fucking clowns. Offer the little shit a years supply of salad and watch the tweets and, ostensibly, your free advertising stop.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nothing better

I think you need to calm down. You'll kill yourself faster than nuggets can with that much anger.

5. 64K RAM

From experience...

John Legere delivers on his social media promises.

A member of my family has recently received a high-value device as a result of a philanthropic act that John became aware of.

6. Streaker

Call me cynical

Ok, I really am cynical about all of these "Give me X for Y"

It might end up to be a viral marketing ploy by a bunch of ne'erdowells. Particuarly if the website is registered in Oz..... we've seen that before

S

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Call me cynical

And how it that any different than Kickstarter, or the other crowd funding platforms?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

Or venture capital or angel investing or some guy on the street with a cup and a sad story? It's not. They're all 99% the same thing. Sometimes there is a value to return, other times it's just money to burn. It is known.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Call me cynical

If the kid gets the nuggets, I want someone to capture the look on his face when he gets the ~$350 tax bill from the IRS.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

however, is killing your customers sound business?

nm.

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

Re: however, is killing your customers sound business?

A doctor gave a man six months to live. The man couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him another six months. Henny Youngman

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Short Term Strategy

Shorten The Life Expectancy Of Your Customers

1. PNGuinn
      Coat

Re: Short Term Strategy

Stleoyc.

Does that accurately describe the effect of scoffing a year's supply of ...?

Thanks, it's the one with the extremely greasy pocketses.

9. Commswonk

On a positive note...

At least it wasn't Turkey Twizzlers TM

10. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Here, have some chicken wings instead...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-39514102

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't do it!

Don't take the United offer - you'll be dragged off bloody and screaming.

12. This post has been deleted by its author

13. PNGuinn
    Trollface

Obligatory

"The web address was registered by what appears to be an Australian private citizen – and there's nothing wrong with that"

Sure thing, Bruce, Nothing wrong with that. No Poofters!

El Reg - we need a hat with corks icon, sport.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like