back to article April proves to be the cruellest month again as Fujitsu staff down tools

The beleaguered rank-and-file at Fujitsu are downing tools this month over long-running proposals to chop jobs and the pension pot, Unite the union has revealed. Fujitsu put 1,800 people, or 13 per cent of the UK workforce, at risk of redundancy back in October. Staff will be pushed at different stages of this year and early …

1. J. R. Hartley

Wankers

Thank fuck I'm out of there.

1. Dwarf
      Trollface

Re: Wankers

Which ones - Fujitsu or Unite ??

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Last one out, turn off the lights! Although I fear that names like Fujitsu, IBM, HPE and many others are wholly interchangeable. Our "democratically elected" governments have made doing business in the UK expensive, and imposed a raft of UK labour on-costs, signed trade agreements that allow piss-pot service providers to offshore to third world locations at will, and provided a particularly pathetic statutory minimum for redundancy payments. There's an evil brew that does nothing for UK employment or employees, and all political parties are fully accountable for that situation.

And meanwhile, these (mostly) tax dodging foreign corporations continue to write their UK contracts under English law, expecting the full service and protection of the English legal system as they ship more and more UK jobs to the third world.

1. a_yank_lurker

Similar problem on the other side with a twist. Companies will try to use H1-B visas to replace US workers with lower pay foreign slaves as well as dumbshore jobs. And the elites who run these companies haven't figured that us peons figured Donald could not any worse than Hildafelon. If we are going to get screwed at least lets gets screwed by a new face not the Hag and her cronies.

2. Colin Tree

comrades

It's great to see a strong union stand up for their members.

Good luck with the fight comrades, don't give up.

Workers united will never be defeated.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bugger

I'm about to be TUPEd to Fujitsu...

(AC in case I can't get my self out of scope)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At a time when other companies are pulling out of using India for support services, Fujitsu are looking at creating 2nd and 3rd line teams in India.

Teams all over Fujitsu are also finding their roles moved over to the Solihull teams (who in many cases are simply incapable of carrying out their roles)

No doubt the management will keep on awarding themselves nice fat pay rises while the people who do the work will face (at best) yet another below inflation pay award, providing we hit an exceed during our assessments.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don’t believe everything Unite say.

There are no beleaguered rank-and-file that I can see. Unite represent a very small minority of Fujitsu Staff, and only a handful of people have been on strike. These reports are stirred up by an exceptionally small minority of militant Union types. I hardly ever notice the strikes except for the odd email to say it is happening.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bunch of idiots

What a bunch of idiots. Going on strike when the company doesn't really want you anyway? Why bother? Just leave if you think you can do better?

No wonder Fujitsu are trying to outsource their (I've heard) awful services to India where the staff are probably a bit more grateful.

Another day, another Fujitsu strike. Keeps the union subs coming in I guess...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like