Warning! Your information is not secure - the first words on the Maudsley Hospital website

This topic was created by nemo183 .

1. nemo183

Warning! Your information is not secure - the first words on the Maudsley Hospital website

Hi. Sorry to butt in, but could anyone who reads this check this link, which is the Maudsley Hospital in South London: https://www.national.slam.nhs.uk/services/adult-services/affectivedisorders/contact-us/

Is it just me, or do you get a series of dire warnings not to go on? I have a page with a warning triangle, first telling me my information is not secure (or similar) and inviting me "back to safety". If I click advanced, the warnings are even more severe, and I must press "proceed to unsafe site" to continue.

This is a mental health hospital & they were told about this over a day ago. Seems to me there may be a problem. How serious could it be, and how has this happened? How long should it take to fix, and how difficult is it?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The sites certificate has been revoked. A new certificate needs to be applied to the site.

someone probably forgot to renew it, or it has been renewed but not applied to the site yet.

3. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Facepalm

And... no change, 26 days later. Still revoked.

Firefox doesn't allow you further on than the revoked message, because it it was revoked it was hopefully (if that's the right word) revoked for a good reason.

4. Volk

What is it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon