back to article Press 1 for bill shock, 2 for outages... AWS touts call-center management-as-a-service

Amazon Web Services on Tuesday introduced Amazon Connect, a hosted contact center service that allows any business to consign customers to voice jail with minimal effort. Based on the contact center technology used by Amazon customer service personnel, Amazon Connect presents companies with a comparatively painless alternative …

1. greatpix

So, why does Amazon have the best CS on the planet?

From time to time I have had to call Amazon. A screen pops up asking call now? Call later?

Selecting "Call Now" has the phone ringing in a matter of seconds.

Nobody else even comes close. Even better, they solve your problem then and there.

2. paulf
    Terminator

Cue another outsourcing flood

Presumably this is when our esteemed financial institutions, hurriedly outsourcing back end functions to IBM, and contact centre jobs to India, (i.e. everything but the exec suite) decide they can outsource the infrastructure used by the boys in Bangalore to AWS. Amazon would like that if they can slurp a bunch of caller metrics and metadata that feed into the main website to sell you more stuff.

"Hey Alexa, can you recommend tonight's viewing?"

"I see you called your bank earlier to discuss problems paying off your credit card balance. How about programs on debt management, life insurance and weeping uncontrollably?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like