back to article LinkedIn starts piping sales data to Salesforce and Dynamics

LinkedIn has revealed a new version of its SaaSy Sales Navigator that pipes activities from the network into Salesforce.com. Sales Navigator has been around for years and offers subscribers the chance to pursue their prey within the walled garden of the social network for suits. But as the company explains, that activity took …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's left?

As I'm not an active LinkedIn user I'm not too bothered, but this whole semi-crowdfunding of personal data is starting to get rather irritating. The issue is not using a provider, it's losing control over your data as soon as they have it because they can sell it on without your involvement or knowledge.

Not good.

2. frank ly

Flush

I joined LinkedIn a long time ago and quickly realised it was a spam source. I'd signed up with a 'junk' Hotmail address so I just told Hotmail that every LinkedIn email was spam. After a short time, none of them were forwarded to one of my 'proper' email addresses. Yahoo mail has similar facilities and they're very useful for that initial filtering.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Flush

Much easier: Just don't use LunkheadIn

2. Bob Vistakin
      Alert

Re: Flush

Yahoo mail has served me well this way for coming up to 2 decades now. It will be a shame to see it go.

3. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Meh

Linked Out

I did a runner as soon as I read that Linked in was up for sale. The results were entirely predictable.

1. Chemical Bob

Re: Linked Out

Same here.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't know why I keep using it

I have some old work pals on there, okay. But we never chat or anything. I don't get any serious jobs through it, nor any relevant industry info like I get from El Reg(even though they incorrectly use the uncapitalized version of Internet). The only thing I use it for is to see the inspiring, daily messages sent on behalf of my personal business hero, world traveler, adventurer, and all around super guy Richard Charles Nicholas "Beardy" Branson. Other than that it's a complete mess.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like