back to article Speaking in Tech: Glassholes are cool now Apple's doing it

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise This week Ed, Melissa and Peter chew on the week's tech news from Apple, Uber, Nimble and Reduxio before diving in on the implications from Brexit. The details... (0:00) Lost in Slovakia (7:18) Lego tape (10:40) Apple and augmented reality (17:50) Uber's continued …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. james 68

A great big sodding "I told you dammit".

"Glassholes are COOL now Apple's doing it" - Funnily enough I predicted this a long time ago on these forums and was massively downvoted for even suggesting it.

Now I just need to con...vince Junipers gullible customers to pay me a stupid amount of money for pulling predictions out of my arse and I'll be minted.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: A great big sodding "I told you dammit".

It seems you fell for the click-bait headline, or at least took the quote out of context (which was people talking about some report of an Apple patent, many of which are never implemented in a product).

Microsoft have learnt from the Google Glass experiment by targeting their Hololens at businesses, where the use of an AR headset won't impinge upon the privacy of Joe Public (I.e in boardrooms,construction sites, workshops etc)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

yep nope

the only difference in "it's cool now" is the tech media whos still deep in the Reality Distortion Field.

Everywhere else in The Real World, camera glasses are still a "bad thing" regardless of the Cupertino Fruity Donut's involvement.

We'll probably see a lot of well funded positive press for a short time but that will only last for as long as the backchannels are flowing with cash. I suspect it won't be enough to balance out all the negative perceptions in the longer run.

3. MachDiamond Silver badge

Same same

Glassholes are glassholes regardless of the manufacturer. I don't see how the use in boardrooms, construction sites and workshops is going to fare. Companies tend to be much more paranoid about recording devices than Joe Public who thinks he has nothing to hide. Many company boards require the members to deposit their wireless devices into a sealed box before sitting down for a meeting. Even certain government offices have a requirement of no recording devices (unless your name is Hillary whereupon you just spout obscenities and stamp your foot until you get your way).

4. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.