back to article NetSuite-nourished Oracle: SaaS margins will go up to 80%

Oracle thinks it's done the hard work as it transitions to become a cloud company and is now poised to convert swathes of its customers from software licences to SaaS and infrastructure-as-a-service subscriptions. So said Co-CEO Safra Catz on the company's third quarter earnings on Wednesday, during which she said “Our pivot …

1. Otto is a bear.

Hmmmmm

80% Margin, I foresee customer pressure on their margins then, I can't see many governments letting them get away with that either, unless non-government margins are even higher.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DB

Possibly time to review and replace Oracle database instances with something else?

3. Dominion

Margins

If they can make 80% then I'm damn sure I can carry on with a traditional on-premise solution for considerably less.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My opinion. Will Oracle be successful in:

SaaS - Yes, many companies are too ingrained to move off of ERP. Oracle can basically call the shots in that install base.

PaaS - Only if it is push button. People may move that legacy WebLogic stuff into PaaS if it a push button migration. If any rewriting or substantial mitigation is involved, people will move off of that old, expensive monolithic app server stuff to modern microservice based cloud stack without a costly license and support.

IaaS - No way. They don't have the economies of scale of a Google or AWS.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like