back to article Lenovo EMEA wakes up after five quarters of sliding sales, adds CEO

Lenovo EMEA has dropped its top ops man into the CEO chair following five quarters of shrinking turnover and recent operating losses. Francois Bornibus, charged with igniting the sales engine, will continue to report to president Luca Rossi, who will still hold “overarching” dual responsibility for the region and Latin America …

1. djstardust

Maybe ....

If Lenovo hadn't shot themselves in the foot several times by screwing up then things might be different.

People in IT have long memories and haven't forgotten just yet.

1. Lee D Silver badge

Re: Maybe ....

Lenovo kit is okay.

It's their home-based junk that got loaded with all sorts but what kind of place doing any serious deployment doesn't just image over the computers, even if they are brand-new.

My place is entirely Lenovo (IBM Bladecenter servers, Lenovo clients) on the PC side, their hardware is pretty bullet-proof. The laptops aren't bad (IBM Thinkpad legacy), the desktops are solid yet cheap. Their Chromebooks leave something to be desired but are in the same ballpark as Acer, Asus, etc.

Pretty much, they have the business side down. Their problems in the home-market are self-inflicted but I'm not sure most people would even recognise the Lenovo brand, and certainly won't understand its history.

200+ desktops deployed, into the fourth year soon, not one failure - not even a hard drive.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We haven't forgotten shitty tricks like hardware BIOS whitelists and spyware root certificates, that's why we don't buy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Change the sales model then!

Let us buy direct rather than through 3rd parties and it would be much easier. I don't want to pay the person in the middle.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon