back to article Reg Lecture: Sex, AI, Robots and You

The Register Lectures are back, and on April 19 we’ll be considering one of the most fascinating topics in the world of tech: how AI and robotics are going to interact with and affect human sexuality. We’ll be welcoming Dr Kate Devlin, one of the UK’s foremost experts on human sexuality and technology, who will be talking us …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. imanidiot Silver badge
    Happy

Sounds interesting.

Any chance of an option to watch (live or after the fact) from across the channel? Not much chance of me getting to London just for a lecture like this (or any other reason at the moment actually).

2. jake Silver badge

Sex, robots & ...

... YOU, maybe. Myself? Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as into hydraulics and pneumatics (and fast cars, faster bikes, etc.) as the next guy, but I've never become sexually aroused by mechanical equipment. I've also never been attracted to silicon "enhancements" bolted onto my .fav MOTAS. So somehow, I seriously doubt that combining silicon and mechanics will ever hold any interest for me.

Obviously, YMMV. Follow your bliss.

1. MyffyW Silver badge

Re: Sex, robots & ...

Depends - love and hugs from a warm human being are delightful. A quick buzz from a battery powered friend - well whatever gets you through the night.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's not controversial unless you're stupid.

4. Haku
  5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If it costs less than half a mil

...is a fscking bargain!

1. I Am Spartacus

Re: If it costs less than half a mil

If a robot tries to fsck you after sex, I would be seriously worried.

1. phil 27

Re: If it costs less than half a mil

Be ok unless they passed the -y flag. Then all bets are off.

6. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Joke

Regulation

If ever the government deems it necessary to regulate this sector, they could award the contract for compliance checking to Capita and their TV Licence team.

Expect letters through the doors like are you having robot sex without a licence? Our robot sex detector vans are in the area...

This topic is closed for new posts.