back to article Doctor Google stitches eyes, ears onto its cloudy learning monster

Following on the heels of its image dataset dump last year to aid the training of image recognition models, Google has done the same for sound, even as it beefs up the visual machine learning capabilities available through its Cloud Platform. At the Google Cloud Next '17 event on Wednesday, Fei-Fei Li, chief scientist of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are they paying those people for the content they made

Oh no of course not. I forgot you gave up all rights of ownership once you uploaded it to the multi-billion dollar tax dodging megacorp

1. Craig 2

Re: Are they paying those people for the content they made

Did "those people" produce the content in the course of their employment, expecting payment?

Did they have to upload it for the world to see?

Are you so naive that you would you expect content hosted and distributed for free with no strings attached?

What's wrong with being a multi-billion dollar megacorp? Go ahead and be one yourself, Google were just two smart guys to begin with.

As for tax-dodging, it's the global tax laws that need fixing and the complicit nature of some countries towards "megacorps".

Google DO abuse their position of power no doubt, but your statement is still bitter bullshit.

1. Korev Silver badge

Did "those people" produce the content in the course of their employment, expecting payment?

YouTube pay almost an order of magnitude less for each video than some of the music streaming websites. http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015/07/14/youtube-apple-spotify-tidal-artists/ If anything I'd expect higher royalties for a video than for just the audio.

2. LionelB Silver badge

... but your statement is still bitter bullshit.

Just out of interest, was that an auto-correct glitch, or intentional? (Works both ways for me.)

2. RyokuMas
    Black Helicopters

Plug it into CCTV...

"Show me anyone going into a mobile phone store..."

"Cross-reference timestamp with Android phone positioning..."

"Okay John Doe wants a new mobile, here's his IP address, phone details and email account - turn on the Pixel adverts tap!"

3. Neil Spellings

Imagine how much data they'll uncover on user behavior when they let this loose on their massive YouTube back catalogue..

At least it'll make YT searches more accurate, and not reliant on the meta-data entered by the uploader (staying positive..)

1. Sureo

Imagine...

Yes we'll know more about cat behavior than we ever could imagine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like