back to article South Korea targeted by cyberspies (again). Kim, got something to say?

The South Korean public sector is once again in the firing line of a sophisticated – and likely government-backed – cyberattack. The campaign was active between November 2016 and January 2017 and relied on exploiting vulnerabilities in a Korean language word processing program and a spoofed document from the Korean Ministry of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kim....Kardashian?

Did not know she had any interest in korea...nor in hacking !

2. Mahhn

Keep accurate please

Keep the news real and don't sprinkle it with fake news, even if it's from my pathetic gov. NK did not hack Sony, it was all BS https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/01/sources-security-firm-norse-corp-imploding/

They are guilty of plenty of things that should get attention, without the fake stuff.

3. Sleep deprived
    Holmes

Constant incentive to harden

With cyber attackers at their doorstep, you'd expect Samsung's and other (South) Korean products to be especially hardened against various malware.

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Re: Constant incentive to harden

With cyber attackers at their doorstep, you'd expect Samsung's and other (South) Korean products to be especially hardened against various malware.

Why? The whole world is at your doorstep when you are on the internet and you have whatever products you have. I would hope your standard user and typical dev would take security seriously by default, but then I would be disappointed on an ongoing basis.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon