back to article What does a complex AI model look like? Here's some Friday eye candy from UK biz Graphcore

Brit chip startup Graphcore has produced sexy images of its graph processing. We wrote about Graphcore scoring $30m A-round funding in October. The processor designer came out of two years in XMOS-incubated stealth mode at that time, and was founded by CEO Nigel Toon and CTO Simon Knowles. XMOS is a fabless semiconductor …

1. m0rt

AI Graphing is the new Mandlebrot, Brah!

2. AndyS

Can someone explain

Simply, in a few words, what the word "graph" means in this article?

1. EddieD

Re: Can someone explain

Make graphical?

That's my best bet. After "bibble", which was my initial reaction.

2. jzl

Re: Can someone explain

Graph means a set of items of data (nodes) connected by pointers (edges). In this case, the nodes are probably functions which transform tensors (multi-dimensional arrays of numbers).

Graph (abstract data type)

3. Yugguy

It looks like bacteria blooms

What does it actually signify? Probabilities of outcomes?

1. jzl

Re: It looks like bacteria blooms

You can think of it as loosely analogous to a diagram of neurons and the connections between them in a brain.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sold

I, for one, an prepared to throw vast amounts of money at this in order to avoid thinking about what it actually means.

1. Rol

Re: Sold

I for one, am prepared to throw vast amounts of my paid time at this in order to avoid unemployment.

And I live in Bristol.

I like numbers and logic and I can make really good tea and coffee. I can even bring my coffee grinder to work, if it helps get the job.

Come on. You deserve a decent coffee in the morning, and I can bang away on a keyboard like a demented Babel monkey in-between making drinks.

If you're keen, I have a toaster friend, who I rescued from Red Dwarf and he's great with bread products, and is really good at testing virtue boundaries, like, patience, and his logic algorithms are flawless, to the point of dogmatic.

So employ me and you get a free coffee grinder and a manic toaster, in one sweet, never to regret package. And did I mention I live in Bristol and would work for nothing other than the paper-clips I lose down my turn-ups.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like