back to article Cisco shrinks: Revenue, profit and margin all dipped in Q2 2017

Get out the pen, walk to the whiteboard, and draw lines heading downwards: Cisco's Q2 2017 results showed year-on-year falls in revenue and earnings, and a router business close to free-fall. Cisco shed two per cent of quarterly revenue year-on-year, from US$11.8 billion to $11.6 billion, which was at the better end of its …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fiver says they'll be another round of restructuring in the autumn...!

2. Scuby

Flux Capacitor Working again?

I've only just gotten over the fact we're halfway into Q1 2017 ;o)

3. outnumbered

NGN Routing (aka service provider) is quite cyclical anyway, but it's the continued erosion of Enterprise/DC revenue, and reducing margins, that look the most worrying.

Yep, another LR in the autumn.

4. nilfs2
    Coat

How do you justify spending on expensive Cisco kit?

There is nothing that Cisco kit does that some other cheaper alternative can't do, except for the proprietary things that can be easily replaced by open standard alternatives.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bad decisions

I used to sell Cisco products. Suddenly one day they took away our right to sell their products. No explanation and no way to change the situation.

They lost sales because of that - but they would not even explain why, let alone reinstate our ability to sell their products.

Daft is as daft does.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have several bits of Cisco kit. Can't update any of it. I refuse to pay absurd support contracts that are absurdly expansive.

Its cheaper to buy new competitors kit EVERY year rather than pay the Cisco support fees.

A shame really, as I wasted years training on Cisco gear and do like it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like