back to article Alleged HPE fraud man Peter Sage once ran dodgy pharma biz

Peter Sage, the jailed motivational speaker accused by Hewlett Packard Enterprise of perpetrating a $17.5m fraud against them, once ran a company which claimed “‘traditional' pharmaceuticals simply intoxicate your body”. Sage was imprisoned in January for 18 months after the High Court in London, UK, ruled he had committed …

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

I can't believe it

They do not have an Internet SEO or Marketing business? That cannot be true. Something is amiss here (or el reg has not found all of their assets).

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

The gift that keeps giving. Rather like some suplhur-containing compounds found in plants.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"HPE has not responded to our repeated enquiries"

Maybe they're too busy belatedly doing their due diligence on Peter Sage.

1. Mark 85
      Devil

Re: "HPE has not responded to our repeated enquiries"

I thought they were still busy with due diligence on Autonomy.

1. Roland6 Silver badge

Re: "HPE has not responded to our repeated enquiries"

And CSC's due diligence is in the 'to do' tray - plenty of work for some in HPE for years to come....

4. Tom 7

So he's been

stiffing people for a while now.

5. Caff

due diligence

Have HPE ever done due diligence right? Autonomy......

Should el reg just look through their recent acquisitions for future stories

6. DNTP

Stripper who controls... [the] Enterprise

I nominate Thea Thorpe to play Seven of Nine in the upcoming "Voyager" remake (yes I know it's not the Enterprise).

7. Potemkine Silver badge

Make the lie big...

... make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.

8. frank ly

I was shocked

I asked the headhunters to recruit an asset stripper. You can imagine the confusion at the next board meeting.

9. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge

The trick to writing a spoof story is to keep it believable by not making it too far-fetched...oh, hang on....this is *real* isn't it?

10. Mystic Megabyte
    FAIL

Amazing!

I read a story about a con-man who set up a business that was actually successful. Unfortunately he did not want to pay his bills so went to jail. It must be a certain sort of genius who have great ideas but are so greedy that they're doomed to failure.

11. creepy gecko
    Thumb Up

Excellent journalism...

...from El Reg on this subject.

Judging by what we've seen this week, Mr Sage has a few more articles in him yet.

I wonder if "Sagey" (as they call him on E wing) will have had chance to view El Reg's offerings so far?

12. MiguelC Silver badge

My fnarr-fnarrs are never unfair.

That's a fact.

13. Alistair
    Coat

Con man cools it as a con while his hot hunny hunkers down and waits?

*cough*

<Mine's the 8' x 4' tarp considering the inbound vegetable mass>

14. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"Quantum’s total issued share capital of 5,000 zloty"... translates into a whopping EUR 1,164.06 (exchange rate as of 2017-02-11).

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Be sure to probe that Robbins guy....

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TedX Talk

Gotta look that up. I love to be inspired.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: TedX Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11RKiZ1S0e4

Downvotes away!

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Send him to Australia....

... we're full of south africans that have had some dodgy failed business at home, yet are perfectly welcome to fill leadership positions with intl. IT vendors in Australia.That inbred arrogance and feeling of superiority goes a long way over here.

18. Bob Rocket

Seems Ms Tippy Toes is sitting pretty, from the information in the article she transferred all his cash and owns most of the non UK businesses whilst he sits in jail, I wonder if she needs a new webmaster :)

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dr Stanley Jacobs was found to be a credible expert

Although is unlikely to be considered one anymore if he's supporting fake pharmaceuticals.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like