back to article Vodafone sales slip after damp outing in Blighty

Vodafone posted a sales fall of 20 per cent to €1.7bn (£1.4bn) in the UK for its third-quarter results, dragging overall sales down 3.9 per cent to €13.7bn (£11.6bn) compared with the previous year. Chief exec Vittorio Colao said growth in Europe was centred around Italy, Germany and Spain. "In the UK we have made good …

1. djstardust

Hmmmm

Their CS and billing is still terrible. Anywhere outwith a city centre is generally 2G with no data throughput.

I'm surprised anyone is with them at all.

Profits before punters has bit them in the arse. Good.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"In the UK we have made good progress in improving customer service"

Like withdrawing the email service from Demon domain customers without any reduction in the broadband service price. Transferred them to another supplier with an inferior offering - for which they have to pay extra. My latest Demon contract period has finished - so I will be leaving as soon as I work out who offers a good service.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

VodaCON is vile

As the title says.

Period.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I was a Vodafone mis-selling victim

OFCOM might have fined Vodafone but I was mis-sold a contract on the very same month.

Vodafone salesdroid hounding me because it was "time for renewal". I asked for a monthly rolling contract and sought assurances from the Vodafone salesdroid (on multiple occasions) that monthly rolling was indeed what I was agreeing to.

A few months down the line, when I came to porting-out of Vodafone, I was told I was actually on a 12 month contract and they wanted me to pay an early-termination penalty.

Horrible company and useless customer service.

5. Dave Jones

If it wasn't for their SureSignal box i'd have left them long ago....worst network i've ever been with.

6. BigAndos

Terrible Network

I was with them for years with work, and then on a personal account because I got discount via work. I finally gave up on them a year ago. Terrible service, high prices and their network is awful. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like