back to article Admins rejoice. Microsoft brings Azure Automation to the UK

Microsoft's slow rollout of the full suite of Azure tools in the UK has taken another step forwards today, with Automation arriving in both of its UK regions. Redmond says Azure Automation offers users a way to, well, automate the more tedious manual tasks that need to be repeated when managing a cloud and enterprise …

1. psychonaut

Brentrance? really?

is that like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06GoD-_NOWY

as in how to make a Brentrance?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Goodbye sysadmins

In a few years you'll be with the rest of us in the unemployment line fighting for a dead rat with a home-made cleaver.

(Thanks Della, you always call it like it is)

1. Doogie Howser MD

Re: Goodbye sysadmins

Reskill then. Don't just sit there and let bad things happen. If you don't want to reskill, you shouldn't be in IT.

4. Chrissy

PS?

Powershell with a sexy front end??

1. Zippy's Sausage Factory

Re: PS?

I find it impossible to imagine PowerShell being sexy in any way, shape or form.

Or, for that matter, usable, useful or very much used.

(And yes, I have used PowerShell quite extensively for the last few years, thanks. It's one of the worst things I've ever had the misfortune to deal with and makes Clippy look like an underrated masterpiece by comparison.)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shouldn't automation of manual infrastructure tasks just be part of cloud... kind of the definition of cloud? MSFT is doing their thing. Starting with a competitive cost and then selling tons of not that optional SKUs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like