back to article iPhone hacking biz Cellebrite hacked

The Israeli company that found fame when it was fingered as a potential source of hacking software used by the FBI to crack open an iPhone has itself been hacked. In a statement on its website, Cellebrite today admitted that an "external web server" containing the company's license management system had been accessed by an …

1. Tikimon
    Devil

Cry me a river

I find it very hard to have sympathy for companies that make products designed for oppressive governments to shaft their citizens. Too bad they're not trying to decrypt their ransomed drives today as well. But that's just my personal bias. Grrr...

2. NBCanuck

"warned that basic contact information for people that were registered to receive notifications from the company has been accessed. Reportedly, as much as 900GB of information was taken."

Uh....that's a lot of "basic contact information"!

3. Your alien overlord - fear me

How did they not know 900GB was being pumped off their old server? Don't they have even basic web analytics running, or someone (their ISP/hosting company) giving them a ring to point out the bandwidth used?

Very sloppy.

4. CrosscutSaw

@alien overlord

Agreed. I know that if we have a huge file transfer, the network guys immediately know, it's on one of our NOC screens.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

poetic

Quis hackodiet ipsos hackodes?

6. JimboSmith Silver badge

Whoops! Someone should be very embarrassed by this.

7. Stevie
    Coffee/keyboard

Bah!

Nonono, tea shooting out of his nose while his mouth makes loud HAHAHAHAHA noises is how an Englishman cries in sympathy for you and your sad, sad problem with people unlocking your secured computer devices when they feel like it.

Honest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like