back to article Nokia restores ‘Phones’

They’re back. Sort of. “Phones” have returned to Nokia’s website after a two-year hiatus. Microsoft completed the acquisition of Nokia’s mobile division in April 2014, after many delays. Nokia’s Phone pages continued as a stub, largely redirecting traffic to Microsoft’s site for some time. Microsoft found itself with a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Makes you wonder

Why didn't they just do this in the first place? Or at least hedge their bets just in case?

I guess that's why I'm not on any company boards - not enough "strategic" thinking.

1. druck Silver badge

Re: Makes you wonder

One word; Elop.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nokia releasing phones again?

HOT DAYAM! Gimmiegimmiegimmie! Shut up & take my money damnit!

I, uhhh, ummm... I mean, I would be interested in purchasing a Nokia phone again if the new ones are as well designed, expertly manufactured, had a MicroSD slot, removeable battery, & worked excellently for their primary purpose: use as a phone.

Now to whom do I give my money in exchange for such a beast?

*Flings fistfulls of money at Nokia screaming "GIMMIE!"*

1. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: Nokia releasing phones again?

It is a shame that -it seems- they will not only be generic Foxconn landfill, but will also be blessed with Google's crud on top... and just adorned with a shiny Nokia badge.

How do I wish to be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, I'm sure my Nokia 700 will keep going till the heat-death of the universe

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like