back to article 'Fascist' seizes supremo search slot on Trump triumph

Nigel Farage thinks Donald Trump's success in the US presidential election echoes Brexit. There is certainly one similarity: the outwitting of a commentariat that thought such a result – the Teflon billionaire's defeat of career politician Hillary Clinton – as unlikely. But just as Britons woke up to the notion of life …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fascism, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, and misogyny?

Just visit "http://www.breitbart.com/" for a fuller explanation ;)

1. Infernoz Bronze badge

Re: Fascism, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, and misogyny?

Agreed, Milo Yiannopoulos is brilliant at demolishing all the destructive crap the thick left wing thugs deposit!

2. MarkCX
    Facepalm

Horse & stable door

Perhaps people should have looked up these terms before they voted.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Horse & stable door

They would have if they could spell. :)

Although truthfully, they probably already know what the words mean, judging by the look/sound/actions of the crowds at Trump's rallies.

Much like Brexit, the elites thought the 'underclass' would be too apathetic to vote.

Trump took advantage of the supressed rage to get voted in on the back of whatever prejudice(s) he could manipulate.

There are going to be a lot of angry and disappointed people when he does not deliver ALL he said.

This is more than likely to deliver the next election to the 'other' side.

I would advise, if you have some spare cash, you buy into whatever companies Trump & his 'Blind Trust' has invested in. It is a given that there will be some 'unexpected' :) profits made by those companies in the next few years.

As a reminder can you spell 'Haliburton' !!! :) :)

Clue it begins $$$$______ .

P.S. Keep an eye on his 'Opo' Pence. He is apparently NOT covered by the same 'conflict of interest' regulations that the POTUS is.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Horse & stable door

"This is more than likely to deliver the next election to the 'other' side."

Trump will find his powers are limited by the House of Representatives and the Senate. Both are GOP dominated - although with not quite enough majority yet to change the constitution.

When Trump's popular policies are overturned by the GOP majority - then the frustrated populace will be ripe for the picking by a likely dictator.

IIRC the voting figures show that it was the Democrat voters who stayed at home that swung the election for Trump. Some minorities were turkeys effectively casting a vote for Xmas.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Differences in spelling on opposite sides of the ocean: In the US, "fascist" is now spelled/spelt "alt-right". I have to admit that I am looking forward to the looks on their dumb faces when they realize/realise that Caligula will not be doing anything at all for them. One for Caligula and all for Caligula.

4. RLWatkins

makes sense, but why just Trump

As I recall, the short definition of that word is when business owns government. We've Weans been working toward that for a while, indeed the process was finally complete about a decade ago. Why, I wonder, are they picking only on Trump?

5. TheJokker

Actually those qualities associated with Fascism more closely represents liberal democrats in the USA.

A large, powerful, central government (as opposed to the republican preference for a smaller central government, decentralizing many aspects to allow for more powerful State and local governments).

Toleration of private ownership of the means of production albeit with heavy regulation to ensure government control of the economy (as opposed to the republican preference for less regulations).

Suppression of free speech in the form of State sponsored "Political Correctness".

As per WikiLeaks: Liberal democrats use of thugs physically intimidating their opposition.

Me thinks the left's accusation of fascism represents a classic case of Freudian projection...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The usual explanation to a Briton about the USA parties is that the Republicans are the same as the Tories - and the Democrats are the same as the Tories.

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge

"Liberal Democrats" from TheJokker troll

This is a good example of what's wrong with America - it's a nice country on the whole but populated by idiots. If you live in the UK you need to realize that the Democratic party (liberal left leaning communists to the Republicans) actually stands pretty close to Theresa May in the political spectrum.

When Obama was elected, the head of the Senate Republicans said, ‘my number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.’ Can you imagine what would happen if a Democrat were to say that about Trump?

You're going to get a ringside seat view of this over the next few years - stock up on popcorn.

3. HAL-9000

I smell neo-con bullshit

Facscism, or radical right wing nationalistic politcial doctrine, notably antonymous to liberal democracy. Does the hilighted bit ring any bells? Or do you need me to explain their meaning to you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like