back to article Microsoft leaks Visual Studio for Mac, then scrubs the news

Microsoft Visual Studio, or something like it, will soon be available for macOS, a shift that reflects the company's effort to be more open toward non-Windows technology. Microsoft published the announcement prematurely and then withdrew it. The news, captured by archive.org, is scheduled to coincide with Microsoft Connect …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whatever way you look at it, Windows OS's just got demoted.

Cloud is the centre of Microsoft's new Universe, whatever way you look at it, Windows OS's just got demoted. (Windows 10 Mobile / Universal Apps are getting pushed closer towards the door, that strategy just hasn't worked). You could almost blame the full screen Calculator App for that.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Meh

So Visual Studio for Mac is not really Visual Studio for Mac

Much like Office for Mac.

3. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Devil

If it weren't "C-pound" and ".Not" I might be interested...

A true cross-platform development environment is a good idea. I've been working on something _LIKE_ that for YEARS. But just me, and only in my spare time, when I wanna, isn't getting it done very quickly. [I need the toolkit FIRST, then the IDE that does what _I_ like, etc. - still working on toolkit using the IDE and basing it all on X11 and it's pre-alpha - you get the idea, yeah].

Instead, Micro-shaft *EXCRETES* yet another clone of their *FAILING* re-re-re-invention of software development [over which they have 100% control, and wield it at THEIR discretion], only THIS time for THE MAC. Er, doesn't Apple *ALREADY* have a developer environment for THE MAC ?

And *WHY* would *ANYONE* actually *WANT* to code C-pound and ".Not" for a MAC ???

It's like the mono project for Linux and other POSIX operating systems: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (oh, you were *SERIOUS* ???)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like