back to article Google punts WoSign, StartCom from good guy certificate club

Google is set to jettison certificate authorities WoSign and StartCom next year in a move that shores up wider efforts to neuter the two companies. Mountain View's move follows public announcements by Mozilla and Apple that they would not trust the authorities' certificates after the pair the pair incorrectly issued base …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"All WoSign and StartCom certificates issued after October 21 this year will be untrusted"

As long as they don't backdate their certificates...again!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just wait until the other non-Google CAs are untrusted...

3. js1592

Throw the bums out

Why even trust any that are already issued? These guys weren't playing by any of the rules for a long time and repeatedly made crazy mistakes for a public CA.

4. brothebrio

Why do we have to wait?

Why do we have to wait for an update that clears these certs. There should be a zero tolerance policy for munging certificate properties. I just deleted both Wocom and StartCom from my certificate store in Seamonkey and I will follow up with Firefox in a few minutes. I wish Mozilla had sent out an update right away as they did with the Diginotar case.

If they knew that Wocom was handing out server side certs that were backdated in August, why are they only untrusting those issued after October 21st? I realize that an orange-haired idiot is causing a lot of global drama, but... Dear Reg. these questions still have to be asked?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like