back to article LogMeIn collapses its 'Cubby' Dropbox clone into LogMeIn Pro

LogMeIn is mostly-closing “Cubby”, it's little-known Dropbox clone. In an email sent to users, the company says it “plans to retire Cubby from its current line of products.” Cubby is a vanilla sync 'n' share product with the usual come-for-the-free-capacity, please-please-please-cough-up-for-more-storage business plan. That …

1. dmacleo

xeams going nuts too

http://xeams.com/LicensingPolicy.htm

the community edition allows spam proxy setup yet disables spam rules.

http://xeams.com/Cost.htm

retarded

2. ThePhantom

LogMeIn ripoff

First it was free for personal use. Then $99 with features I use, and now it's $149 because it's adding features that I don't use. All I want to do is remote to my mum's Mac so that I can fix things up when her cats walk on the keyboard and muck things up.

3. NigelD

Anyone know of a good replacement?

For me the killer advantage of Cubby was you could just sync any folder you liked, no upload/download restrictions, no making symlinks, just point at a folder and know it was synched when you changed stuff. My entire docs folder was synched this way so while out and about on client sites any work was backed up and available on my home machine by the time the train got me home.

Can anyone suggest a replacement service?

1. Kurt 4

Re: Anyone know of a good replacement?

Same here. I was using it to sync a folder on my network share.

2. I am the Walrus

Resilio (formally BTSync)?

3. robpomeroy

Syncthing is the open source answer to BTSync/Resilio and is looking increasingly mature.

4. Nifty Silver badge

Gone already?

Today I discovered my data had been pulled from the Cubby servers even though I'm able to log in.

But it's still long before the deadline, no?

The mobile apps are still downloadable. Logmein are determined to make as big a hash of sunsetting their free cloud storage service as they did with the free Remote Desktop service.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A buddy of mine recommended vBoxxCloud, from what he mentioned it has all of the features mentioned here. No upload and download restrictions and you can map folders. It is not free, as it is targeted at businesses, I just started a free trial, and it looks promising, so it might be worth taking a look at.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon