back to article Hello |FNAME|, this is the Obama-bot Drupal chat module speaking

The White House has open-sourced the bot that president Obama uses to automatically respond to messages sent on Facebook Messenger Yours for the forking on GitHub the bot is, says White House chief digital officer Jason Goldman, “a Drupal module, complete with easy steps and boiler plate code.” “This will enable Drupal 8 …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does it have ...

... a Genuine People Personality™ ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Does it have ...

Does it have a Genuine People Personality™ ?

That would have to be commented out if they use it for Trump..

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Does it have ...

No need.

As far as I can tell, Trump already has a compatible bot..

:)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seems strange

I'd have thought they'd do whatever they could to keep quiet about the fact that millions of Facebook messages to the President, some of them possibly even carefully considered and/or literate, are actually processed and responded to by a bot. Obviously a moment's thought about the numbers involved would be enough to realise that this must be the case, but it still seems odd that they'd pull side the veil and proudly admit to it.

1. Alumoi Silver badge

Re: Seems strange

I'd have thought that by now everybody knew that politicians don't give a damn about common people.

And pray tell how can you tell the difference between a live politician and a bot? PC speak is the same, they both ignore the question(s) and blame the opposition.

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Okay, Simon, now I think you're a bot as well...

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

Hello |FNAME|, let me assure you I am not a bot.

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge

let me assure you I am not a bot.

that's what they all say

4. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Coat

Zuckerberg chat module

Perhaps unsettlingly, the repository's README says the module could do with better documentation on “fetching and storing a user's info from Facebook.”

Opportunity for Zuck to offer to maintain the bot in-house.

What could go wrong?

5. Mage Silver badge
    Facepalm

Bot for Facebook Messenger?

Another reason to avoid ...

6. Andrew Jones 2

I want to see the Facebook Messenger bot being used to generate hype for Humans S2 open sourced - that was absolutely amazing to talk to. https://m.me/personasynthetics give that one a go!

Oh and quick side note - I believe it's the first time ever eBay has been used by a marketing company for a TV show? http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Persona-Synthetics/productrecall

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like