back to article Pramworld admits mailing list breach

UK baby care supplier Pramworld has admitted that a breach of its systems was the reason customers were sent spam emails on Friday. In a statement supplied to El Reg (below), Pramworld admitted its mailing list had been compromised while downplaying the problem and offering reassurance that payment information had not been …

1. tiggity Silver badge

Spamworld

Nice easy rename, change one character by 0x01 and move it left in the name

2. Martin Milan

Hey - Pramworld...

I'm not sure I'm prepapred to take their assurances that payment information etc has not been compromised at face value. Auditing select queries are we now?

I'd like to see a statement that payment info, if retained at all, was encrypted by AES or equivalent, and some assurance that there key management was competent.

What actually happened? Sounds like an XSS attack from the article text.

1. a_yank_lurker

Re: Hey - Pramworld...

It seems the first reports are always light on details and later one finds out hackers have much more than originally announced.

2. VinceH

Re: Hey - Pramworld...

A (very) quick look suggests they're using Paypal to handle cards, so their own servers won't see the credit card info.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Better check with the wife if we've been compromised. It'll be difficult to tell we've spent that much money with them!

4. hi_robb

Oh dear

Hacking Pramworld was childsplay then..

/Sorry - gets dragged stage left.

5. Alistair
    Joke

has to be done.

Apparently the folks over there misread it.

Its the *toys* yer supposed to toss out.

6. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Kudos to them for not trotting out the usual "small number of customers" line.

1. paulf

nor the arse covering "A sophisticated attack..."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like