back to article Gimps with big Dell balls hijack HPE's partner shindig

Dell Technologies chose a bizarre, seemingly cheap way to hijack Hewlett Packard Enterprises Global Partner Conference this morning that involved gimps with big balls. The troupe, unnervingly dressed head to toe in black tights, held aloft balls - or balloons if you prefer - that either carried the Dell and EMC brand or claims …

1. unredeemed

Wow, I thought it was pretty lame for HP to send subcontracted migrant workers to hold signs in front EMC world in Las Vegas. This is way worse!

1. Mark 85

Ah... I didn't hear about that stunt so maybe this is just payback.

2. luis river

Winner by litle time

...claims about the firm’s number one position in product sectors...Sectors ???To dell super expensive purchase of EMC, it put number one in storage, repeat only in storage, but by how much time?

3. RBW

Well it's got a load of attention here - isn't that what advertising / marketing is all about. Looks successful to me...

4. David Roberts
    Devil

Burkinis?

Thought they were illegal?

Or is that just France?

1. Crazy Operations Guy

Re: Burkinis?

Yeah, France is the only modern country racist* enough to ban a clothing garment because it may have indirect religious connotations (spoiler alert: The Koran contains nothing about how women should dress, its the dick-bags in charge that dictate that).

*Technically not really racist so much as forcing people to strip themselves of their culture, heritage, and any vestiges of their ethnicity and forcing them to assimilate completely to French way of things.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Technically not really racist so much as forcing people to strip themselves of their culture, heritage, and any vestiges of their ethnicity and forcing them to assimilate completely to French way of things.

France, where foreign words are discouraged from the language. ["Le weekend," etc. notwithstanding]

Talking to many Brexit supporters, part of their motivation was that Britain is becoming Polish.

It's not racist or xenophobic for European countries to want to keep their own language, culture, and way of life. Immigrants should assimilate.

In the USA, which supposedly prides itself as being a nation of immigrants (apart from those Native Americans, of course, and the fact they don't want any hispanics or muslims anymore), the national culture should adapt to the immigrants.

2. Miss Lincolnshire

When in Rome, sorry Paris.......

5. You aint sin me, roit
    Thumb Up

Analytics?

I'm inclined to support any action against HP following their abysmal TV advert for "analytics" featuring a smug man who give a precise (and ridiculous) number for the amount of widgets they have to construct to maximize earnings.

98352. He doesn't even need to round up. Because you can't argue with "facts".

Putting aside my hatred of the meaningless tern "analytics", analyzing past data can allow you to make an accurate prediction but it remains a prediction... not a "fact".

/rant

1. Nate Amsden

Re: Analytics?

You should be happy to know that HP no longer does analytics having sold their software group which includes atonomy and vertica.

6. Antron Argaiv Silver badge

I walk past the convention center on my way to work

The sign out front says, simply "GLOBAL PARTNER CONFERENCE", no company name or logo.

No company names whatsoever. Through the glass,I can see another monitor in the lobby, which rotates through a bunch of images, thanking premier sponsors, Intel, Micorsoft and someone else.

I suspected it was an HP or Dell event, but strange there is no branding visible.

(I missed the folks with the big balls...I go to work around 7 AM...they were gone by the afternoon)

Also...someone appears to be shooting a movie or something on the other side of Summer St...production trucks, and a car body with no engine or glass on a trailer.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like