back to article Intel bags FAA pass to fly 100-strong drone armadas over US soil

Intel says recently passed United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations on commercial drone flights are helping it extend the public performances of its Drone 100 light show demonstration. Chipzilla has obtained a waiver from the US aviation regulator that will let it fly the massive drone show on American …

1. Mage Silver badge

Oh dear

I suppose if I don't look up I won't be spammed by aerial adverts.

When I'm World Emperor I will ban all adverts except in Retail and Trade directories. We have the Internet and Google / Amazon / eBay / Alibaba etc are already enough to find any product you want.

Random unsolicited adverts are so exploitive and Victorian. Ban Door to Door sales, spam email, mail fliers too.

Some manufacturers / retailers would save up to 15% .

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

for your "world emperor" campaign...

... Might I proffer the targeted advertising and voter outreach services of Mongocorp?

Our predictive dialers and social media scrapers ate standing by to help your important message reach as many consumer entities as your budget permits!

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: Oh dear

When you are world emperor, can I be one of your henchmen? I"m loyal, smart, resourceful and I look good in black.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And it came to pass that the pitchmen coveted the night, and made it theirs.

And everywhere was the Almighty ADVERT, and the People were sore afflicted.

But there was no escape, and many were pursued by furies in their madness.

And the Darkness was ashamed and hid its face, never to be seen again.

But the pitchmen saw that it was good, and rejoiced.

4. David 132 Silver badge
      Happy

Some manufacturers / retailers would save up to 15% .

You wouldn't be very good at writing advertising copy, anyway... the correct phrasing is

"Save up to 15% OR MORE!"

Rules of mathematics? Common sense? Naaahhh...

1. TRT Silver badge

Re: advertibots destroying English with meaningless hook word use.

"Save up to 15% off!"

FTFY

2. TRT Silver badge

Re: The Emperor

As well as your fleet of drones, will you be having an army of clones as well?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Having a fleet ... can make operations more efficient and faster."

Future FAA clearances will certainly be a doddle - ain't nobody gonna say no to the guy in a bunny suit backed by a drone armada

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How is El Reg's FAA application going or is it a thing of the past?

4. Blofeld's Cat
    Unhappy

Hmm...

So 100 strong drone armadas get a waiver, but a single balloon/rocket has to go through the whole assessment process.

Nothing to see here, citizen, move along ...

1. Captain DaFt

Re: Hmm...

El Reg has a stateside office.

So apply for FAA's Rule 107 exemption to launch LOHAN as an ad for El Reg, and... Profit?

5. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Sorry, I just have to ask: " perceptual computing " ???

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think they mean it makes logical sense.

6. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Great for open-air Opera

Puts a whole new, if rather extravagant perspective on the concept of "surtitles".

1. You aint sin me, roit
      Coat

Re: Great for open-air Opera

Ride of the Valkyries?

"Charlie don't drone"

7. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Can one rent Intel's drone fleet? I"d love to see it over the Cheltenham doughnut, forming up to read "SIGINT inside!".

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why is there a video of some rather obviously Sidney related imagery dumped into this article?

1. Alister

Why is there a video of some rather obviously Sidney related imagery dumped into this article?

Why didn't you read the article? It does explain.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like