back to article Michael Dell promises new EMC/Dell/VMware engineered systems

Michael Dell today told VMworld 2016 in Las Vegas that as soon as the deal to acquire EMC closes “you will see a whole new series of engineered solutions we have been working on together.” The “we” is Dell, EMC and VMware, as Dell made the remarks while sharing a stage with VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. Dell, the man, didn't say …

1. whoelse

So Dell Boy says Gelsinger Independent Traders (GIT) can keep the reliant robin and deal with who they want. For now. Smart move, VMware profited from hardware agnosticism under EMC.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I guess VCE will be converted into VDE, or perhaps just VD or maybe just D? Time well tell.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

v(x)Block

V(x)Block with stay with Cisco. The whole concept of the vBlock is built around the Cisco fabric.

Rack and Rail however will go Dell servers is my prediction

3. Big Wiggle

I'm calling it now. In less than one year Michael Dell goes back to being just Chairman of the Board and Pat Gelsinger will be the next CEO of Dell Technologies.

Sanjay Poonen will be the CEO of VMware.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The "face" of Dell's marketing

I'm just delighted to see Jeremy get his arms around bringing Dell marketing and events into the 21st Century. The last Dell World commentators set looked like a scene out of Fargo, the movie. NO more death by beige

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like