back to article Veeam: You know what's not a disaster? Our software mega-update

The backup and disaster recovery firm Veeam has announced an updated Availability Suit, and the Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud. It's a bundle of VAS, VAL, VAM, VAO, VAC and VCC, as you will see. VAS - Veeam Availability Suite for virtualised servers* VAL - Veeam Agent for Linux for public clouds and …

1. quxinot

Huh. My adblocker doesn't seem to be working.

2. garetht t

Product Announcment Chat

Hilariously they enabled anonymous chat at their live stream event.

Techies didn't really appreciate the marketing bumpf...

There's an archive here: https://jsfiddle.net/6p3dcgp1/ but my favourites were:

Paul 08-23 07:19 Having this anonymous chat is both the best and worst idea I've ever seen.

Jordan 08-23 07:20 I don't think they created a presentation meant for their target audience. Quickly losing my attention and wasting my time. I am here for a product announcement; not a shareholders' meeting.

Chris in KY 08-23 07:20 I really need to take a dump.. how much longer?

Hillary Clinton's 08-23 07:22 the FBI is looking for me. they won't find me here!

SJTechy SJTechy 08-23 07:23 Can Veeam recover from this disaster???

Died of Boredom Died of Boredom 08-23 07:24 kill me now

IronySoap IronySoap 08-23 07:25 Can he restore Harambe?

PaxJustice PaxJustice 08-23 07:23 Thank you for wasting my time... I'm out...

3. G Olson

It it really Linux?

Do they really understand Linux is a core element in "the internal and external cloud infrastructure". Or are they just another overblown block/storage volume transfer and backup tool -- which then requires a secondary process or excessive overhead to extract a single file?

1. Rickatron (Veeam)

Re: It it really Linux?

Hey @G Olson - a better way to say it is that it's backup (and recovery too!) for Linux operating systems - whether they be physical and in your data center, virtual machines or in the public cloud.

In regards to secondary process or overhead, it's rather easy. The big win is centralized management for a lot of Linux systems being backed up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like