back to article Rubrik's extra funding as Firefly extended data management flies out of the coop

Bucking any notion of down rounds and funding droughts, Rubrik has completed a massive $61 million C-round – taking total funding to over $112m – and released its Firefly Cloud Data Management platform. The data management company was founded in January 2014 and took in a $10m A-round, plus a $41m B-round in 2015. With the …

1. steerInLights

Show me the money!

You know, I was really looking to understand the major differences between Rubrik and Cohesity, and it looks like the answer is cash! This injection should propel Rubrik along for quite sometime.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Show me the money!

i think they serve different segments of the market

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Show me the money!

Why are you expecting differences between cases of joyous Californication?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"$115,000 per day in funding since it was founded"

Such a burning rate means it will cost at least 210M to exit within 5 years; 294M to exit within 7 Years.

Will this be sustainable? Let's see.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm Not Buying Into the Hype

1) No numbers, no details... '100% growth rate' BS. Anyone can grow at 200% when you are starting from zero customers. That doesn't mean $#!@.

2) $60M is NOTHING when you are trying to build an appliance and compete in the enterprise market. That is like the bare minimum cost of entry. Look at how much money Pure raised (on the order of ~$500M+ ?), how much "success" and customer adoption they had, IPO, etc.. And look how they are struggling to remain competitive even now (stock dropped 14% yesterday to like 35% below IPO, and likely much further). Quite frankly I was expecting much more. Don't give me the intelligence is in the SW so it's cheaper BS, these are the well known facts of building a product/company that can effectively compete over the long haul with EMC, HP, IBM, Veritas, Veeam, VMware, Commvault, etc...

3) Vinod Khosla is shady. There I said it. Yes, he's been one of the most successful VC's in history but he is super shady. I was at one of his failed investmeets (which of course you never hear about). All you need to do is look at his coastal property land grab and debacle to understand what this guy is all about: find something that no one else can get their hands on, create an unfair/rigged advantage, and exploit the hell out of it. He's over the hill and over his skis

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like