back to article Azure wobbles

Microsoft is warning that some Azure users will struggle to access the cloud service'sAzure Accounts Portal. Clicking on the link above may produce a "could not complete operation" error. Microsoft engineers “have identified a backed process software bug as a potential underlying cause. Engineers are currently deploying a …

1. Hans 1

Patch Tuesday?

Naaah, it's Windows Update, guyz ... patch Tuesday, anyone?

2. hplasm
    Coat

Azure

am glad I don't use it...

1. Hans 1

Re: Azure

Does 355 count as Azure ?

As I already reported, besides the connectivity issues I have from time to time, the webclient is pants, compared to OWA, the calendar is a "separate app", WTF ??????? I need to go back to Foutlook if I want to create mail rules, and Foutlook is even worse than OWA in that respect, because I have to hunt down two separate ribbon icons for what was, in OWA, one screen ... create rules and execute them.

Then, out of a team of 40, 6 have their names/photos mixed up ... so when one of those tries to contact me on Lync 355, I have to wait and attempt to GUESS WTF is talking to me ... I cannot ask are you John Doe or Erica Mustermann, because, well, you appear to have the Photo or Erica, yet, next to your photo, it reads John Doe.

Useless piece of shit.

PS: I call it Office 355, because, on average, it is down 10 days a year.

1. The Original Steve

Wow.

Seriously - you need to speak to a MS partner, MS directly or hire someone in. The woes you speak of are not normal and point to config issues. (Other than OWA having a separate page for calendars - which is true, but no different to how the full fat Outlook client has always done it).

Images and names not matching is literally a badly configured system. Just because someone else hosts the tin and OS doesn't mean you don't need a professional to manage the applications.

1. Hans 1
          Windows

>Images and names not matching is literally a badly configured system.

Except that not everyone has this problem, I am one of a few unlucky guyz. Let us assume, for one second, Office 355 has a "Mashup Names and Photos" setting where you can select the users that are to be affected by it, what is the point of that setting ?

3. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

It wibbles, it wobbles, & it is the Wibbly Wobbly Web

4. ad47uk

LOL, this ios why it is not a good idea to rely on the cloud.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon