back to article Microsoft debuts VR management suite as it expands HoloLens sales

Microsoft has started selling its HoloLens virtual reality headsets to all of its business customers and developer partners in the United States of America and Canada. Redmond's still not offering the finished product – only a “Development Edition” is on sale for now. But at least the hardware is now being offered to anyone …

1. Known Hero
    Paris Hilton

Love a stranger

Buy them a Hololens.

Make that stranger me :D

2. Robert Moore

I love that one of the apps is Skype,

This seems like a cool idea, until I realized that the person to you are talking with gets to see an idiot wearing a HoloLens.

Or they can't see you at all.

Also my boss won't let me order one. :(

3. Matt Siddall

We got to have a little play with one of these at work. I have to admit, I want it - just not for £3k.

The way it lets you use augmented reality is really nice, it seems to recognise surfaces very well and lets you stick things in place in the real world in a very cool way. The UI still seems a little clunky (the hand gestures are a little hard to get used to at first) but this will likely improve as we get used to it.

Sign me up for the consumer version once it comes down in price a bit!

1. Known Hero
      Thumb Up

Ohh you lucky bugger !!!

did they resolve the issue with the letterbox effect ? Tbh, as exited as I am, that would be such a deal breaker for me as I am 100% certain, this will be a planned purchase not a yeah we can slip that in this month.

4. Mahhn

when it comes compatible with a FPS, maybe. And being able to shoot pokemon with a rail gun counts

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like