back to article Google, er, Alphabet takes on 10,000 more staff, banks more and more billions from ads

Alphabet, the holding company for Google and the Chocolate Factory's other concerns, has reported strong growth in the second quarter ending June 30, with revenues up 21 per cent from this time last year. Google made up the vast majority of this revenue, accounting for $21.3bn for the quarter, with the other parts of Alphabet …

1. arthoss

simple maths: more users of Android == higher amount of products being sold. The true sheeple, eh?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Speaking of Sheeple...

Check out the link to "Surveillance Capitalism”.... The World-Wide-West really is the New Frontier and "We are the native peoples now":

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/21/apple_pollutes_your_data_differential_privacy/

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

% of tax paid?

Any indication of how much tax they paid over that profit, and where? I suspect you won't be able to Google that..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: % of tax paid?

There are lots of ungooglable things and many of them are about Google themselves!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow!

There's that many people out there without ad blockers?

Shameful.

4. Dan 55 Silver badge

"I think the results are mixed," said Big Scientific Sounding Company's analyst Coke McCain, who had a hunch that sales were lighter than some arbritary number plucked out his arse. "From a cost control [perspective], it seems they will do fine. The question becomes: can they make moar money. I'm going to think of another arbritary number, and they'd better hit it on the head in three months time. Too little or too much and they're going to get punished for it. I don't understand shit about what they do, but that won't stop me."

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge
      Thumb Up

The opinion was shared by Buzz Lapdance of Transcendental Research who also noted that "Google's continued focus on products and services was against market trends of fostering unicorns and fairy dust".

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
        Boffin

I think I'll wait for the opinion of Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute of Studies.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mobile mobile mobile, and flying cars!

"The strength of the figures is in mobile," he said. "Our investment in mobile underscores everything we do. We are building the engine that drives our future."

And when that crashes and burns, this pestilence will finally come to an end.

Here's to the future!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google doesn't do long term bets

Watch for things to get ignored for a bit and then killed off.

7. DuncanL

Missed a trick

Given Google's love of special numbers, they should have stopped employing when they reached 65,536...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like