back to article nbnTM names six shops to re-build Telstra's HFC network

nbnTM, the entity building and operating Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN), has named the six companies it has chosen to turn the hybrid fibre coax (HFC) network it acquired from Telstra into a white-hot broadband delivery beast. Lend Lease, Broadspectrum, Fulton Hogan, Downer, ISGM and BSA are the six firms to have …

1. david 12 Silver badge

100Mbs...

Telstra cable network is DOCSIS 3.0, and already supporting 100Mbs home customers like me. DOCSIS 3.1 is supposed to enable Gigabit connection speeds.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What nbn?

We are slated for: Never.

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

Re: What nbn?

Same as me at home. I'm lucky to get 15Mbps ADSL2+. But I wish there was as much outrage about the slow rollout as there was about FTTN vs FTTP.

3. Medixstiff

This was pointed out in another article and really get's me going, because if they also have to do new lead in's, why the hell did they not just go FTTP, considering they've said FTTN is a stepping stone to FTTP anyway? Friggin' w*nkers.

"NBN Co declined to detail the total cost of the new construction deal. The contract is understood to be worth several hundred million in the first year alone.

The work will include things like network upgrades and remediation, new lead-ins to premises, in-building cabling, and infill."

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

who said the nbn is NOT corupt? and telstra is worse than goooogle as far as being evil!!!

I live in fear of the day gooogle becomes god cause telstra will be the new devil.

1. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

Evidence of corruption? Serious corruption? Any large organisation will foster some low-level favoritism and nepotism. But corruption? Keen to learn more ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like