back to article £1m for music royalty chief

The chief of the monopoly music royalties society PRS for Music earned almost £1m last year. Company house filings show that CEO Robert Ashcroft took home a salary of £989,000, up from £765,000. The remuneration package includes a deferred bonus of £257,000, according to Companies House filings. That means the chief has almost …

1. JimC

Something needs to be done about the damn executive class... I suppose he's no worse than any other - like umpteen charity heads, but this is way OTT.

1. Anonymous Blowhard

Loadsamoney

Unfortunately the "executive class" realised back in the '80s that shareholders have no real control over them and that they could pretty much set their own remuneration, based on their own logic:

A) Company makes a ton of money = "they wouldn't have done it without me; so pay me loadsamoney"

B) Company loses a ton of money = "they would have lost more without me; so pay me loadsamoney"

1. JimC

Re: shareholders have no real control over them

Mmm yes. I'm beginning to think we have a new economic system which to my mind isn't really capitalism in which the shareholders are institutions run by more executives. They care a lot more about inflating the general level of executive salaries than they do about the interests of those who theoretically "own" the shares.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon