back to article Fancy hacking Man City? Happy days: Footy club to host hackathon

Manchester City FC has detailed plans to become the first football club to host a data hackathon. The English Premier League Team hopes the event will lead to exclusive insights into the performance of football stars such as Joe Hart, Yaya Touré and Sergio Agüero. Participants in the weekend hack event will be offered access …

1. jms222

Maybe it's time footy clubs started diversifying for the time when kicking balls around fails to bring in the silly money it does now.

2. scrubber

Joe Hart

For Joe Hart the only stat that matters is: Iceland 2

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Blowhard

"stars such as Joe Hart"

Meh!

1. Kurt Meyer

Joe Hart

@ scrubber @ Anonymous Blowhard

Come now you two, Joe Hart is clearly head and shoulders above any other keeper.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If anyone is interested in taking part in this event then I would recommend factoring the invisible wall that sterling hits every time he tries to go past a player.

5. beddo

I was at a gig at the stadium a few weeks back. They probably need to hire someone to look at their WiFi before asking hackers in. I was bored waiting for the show to start and ran a quick scan on my phone. I was seeing several thousand other devices that weren't segregated with the scan at only a few percent.

I never managed to get any Internet though despite only being a few metres from the Cisco AP mounted overhead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like