back to article What do Tor, Tails and Caddy have in common? Mozilla bucks

Mozilla has announced the latest round of awards under its Open Source Support (MOSS) program. The Firefox builder said that it will pay out a total of $385K to eight different projects covering areas including protecting privacy and anonymity and extending access for those with disabilities. The "Mission Partner" awards are …

1. Captain DaFt

Good work Mozilla

Kudos for helping Open source projects.

Now, If you'd just pull a Muntz on Firefox, and bring back the browser experience that swept the World.

2. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Mushroom

Kill funding for Mozilla

Actually, Mozilla is one org I'd love to completely and totally defund.

They've done enough damage to Firefox by removing features I rely on. They need to be out in the street with a cardboard sign and cupful of pencils.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Kill funding for Mozilla

"They've done enough damage to Firefox by removing features I rely on. They need to be out in the street with a cardboard sign and cupful of pencils."

Well, simply withdraw your funding if you are unhappy with the product. By the sound of how badly you've been treated I'm sure that they will soon put things right. Have you submitted bugs?

2. Jamesit

Re: Kill funding for Mozilla

Mozilla would be happy to give you a full refund:-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What we need

What would be nice is some sort of open and free email client. There are several out there already but a few hundred thousand quid would go a long way towards making sure that the most pervasive comms mechanism in the world was kept secure and open.

I've just double checked the 10 core freedoms (sorry Principles) of the Mozilla Foundation and a decently secure email client would still count.

Yes, Tails int al are worthy projects but get the basics right and the rest will follow. Even in this world of Twitter, FB, Snapthingie and stuff, email is still the biggie really and needs some love. Ditching Thunderbird was a bit daft, contra to the 10 and simply demonstrated a lack of leadership and vision.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like