back to article Miscreants demand Bitcoins to stay silent on 'dirty secrets' of Tumblr, LinkedIn hack victims

The FBI has issued an unusual warning about a new breed of scammers looking to get rich off the back of recent high-profile data breaches. According to the agency's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), a large volume of emails are being reported where the sender claims to have used data from recent breaches at LinkedIn, …

1. Dadmin
    Thumb Up

I give, I give!

You spamalwarebots win! Here are your Bitecoins!

ooOoo0oOo0(

Is that enough? Oh good, that last one got extra-bited.

HAHA! What dopes. They obviously are missing the old Ashley Maddison hack days of fun and frivolity. Here's a clue; if you think you have "mad skillz" Try using them to get a real job that you don't hate? Good luck with that! (HAHA! I just crapped on the heads of all data-milkers everywhere!) I'm a hacker! I don't know what the fuck someone who crafts botnets and spam ware extortion schemes should call themselves, other than data-milkers or "basement badasses." Holy crap, if they had any "madd skillz" I might fear for me datas, but not today. Not with those lowly shitstains. I fucking crap on eastern euro, Chinabot, NORK wannabe hack-boys. Fucking crapped right in their mouths. Damn, I'm good. Don't try this at home on your dad's computer, boys. A real man is in town to kick ass and eat candy corn, and I'm all out of candy corn!

2. John Tserkezis

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

For blackmail to work, you need information on me that's going to cause some embarrasment or harm. All I can say, is if you think you can do better than I've already done to myself in the past, bring it on.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

One good thing about getting older is that you do tend to give less of a fuck what others think as time goes on.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

...talking of which, I very nearly bought these yesterday, purely to embarrass my teenage children:

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-novelty/silly-sock-sandals/10609761.html

(They're socks with sandals printed on them for maximum dad, in case you can't be bothered to look)

3. Sebastian A
    Angel

If they're going to send what they find on my LinkedIn profile to my contacts, go right ahead. There's nowhere online or off that I look better than on LinkedIn. It's my most curated presence anywhere. You'd be doing me a favour.

4. JimmyPage Silver badge
    Coat

Nothing new under the sun ....

"All is discovered. Flee at once." ....

5. lafnlab

It seems like a 21st century version of Monty Python's Blackmail sketch come to life. All it needs is a nude organist or a continuity announcer.

6. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

My response would be:

"Publish and be damned".

(Mind you, I'm not exactly a typical target - I don't have a Facebook account, haven't used my Twitter account for a year or so and only used Linkedin to maintain contact with old work colleagues.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like