back to article Smartphones stymie sex

Condom-maker Durex has conducted "research" that suggests 40 per cent of people won't try to instigate sex if their partner is using a smartphone in bed. The company reckons if you want your holidays to feature fewer Angry Birds and more horizontal folk dancing, you should switch off your phone. And, presumably, apply …

1. Chairo

Switch off the smartphone? Yes, sure going to happen.

Humankind is clearly doomed.

On the positive side there will be less toilet clogging by used condoms in the future...

2. RIBrsiq
    Alien

So people are turned off by their potential partner being more interested in their smartphone than them...?

Fascinating! I would have never imagined that, really. Please do tell me more, at great length (and maybe some girth)!!

3. Chairman of the Bored

Think of the CHILDREN!

Lets face a hard fact: if this research is rock solid, we're screwed.

Only those in higher income brackets, socioeconomic classes, whatever, can afford to blow $$ on really nice devices. And we stop reproducing? That sucks. What a long, slippery slope towards idiocracy!

I don't want to take this lying down! I think I will have a stiff drink.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not quite the phone

In our house it's the wife watching crappy shows/movies on Netflix & Hulu until all hours of the night. I'm fecking tired, so I'll be in bed and asleep hours before she decides to slink in. Which is good since that way the snoring doesn't keep me awake.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon