How often do you clean your gear?

This topic was created by Baldy50 .

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Baldy50

How often do you clean your gear?

I have been doing a bit of decorating and using a fair bit of 'easyfill' and especially when sanded it produces a very fine dust which seems to go through the new vacuum cleaner quite well and back into the room or quite a bit of it anyway.

Didn't notice until I turned around and realised my mistake, have now borrowed the hoses off a neighbour and a family member and with a bit of gaffer tape the damn thing can be outside whilst cleaning up.

My machine had a quick dust out six weeks ago ish but now has a fine layer of white dust everywhere, I guess it filtered some of the dust out of the room!

I'd love you to see what I got out of the fan cooler of my cousins machine, I actually asked if she fed it belly button fluff each morning.

She has cats and dogs like me so hairs etc.. are everywhere regardless of how much you clean so why was this fairly new laptop so bad so quickly?

Answer:- cousin Elaine sat on couch using laptop, when not using it slides it under the couch whilst still running and for days sometimes sucking up whatever.

If you have ever had animals you'll know just how much gets under the couch, yes?

Couldn't get it out with an air duster so I had to dismantle the machine to my annoyance, I have a video of the job because it was so bad I thought I’d document it for posterity and to educate others giggling to myself all the while.

So my regime is about three times a year or if I'm doing any maintenance in between then yep a quick dust out is performed why not.

The worst examples I’ve seen on the internet are hospital machines generally and what could you breathe in from this sort of stuff yuck!

Has anyone come across situations where air cooling was deliberately obstructed by coats for example by office numbties?

Ian.

1. Known Hero

Re: How often do you clean your gear?

Really depends on the type of case and case location and what room.

Personally I have a few cases in my house 2 of them filtered 1 on hardwood 1 on carpet. We also have a cat, and were looking after dogs for 4 months.

My machine downstairs even with dogs for 4 months and a cat, has filtered intakes and is in the corner of the room near the dining table, rarely ever need cleaning once every one of two years. The machine upstairs same case, No dogs upstairs only the cat on occasion requires cleaning once a year or two years, that said, If I am fiddling I will normally give it a quick brush with a paintbrush and hoover.

There are also many more variables in play as well, but personally I like to give computers a good clean around spring time just as ambient temps start to rise during the day, saves from damaging hardware and avoids bsod's.

TLDR : depends on lots of things, clean it when it gets dirty

This topic is closed for new posts.